Lovers of greyhounds and sight hounds from around the world come to Greyhound Gathering – Kanab. Sponsored in 2016 by In Memory of Pat, Kane Country Travel Council, Kanab City, Greyhound Gang, Get Up & Go, La Estancia, Canyons Collections, Galgos Jubilados and Best Friends.
This 3 plus-day celebration and FUNdraising event features Blur of Fur, Costume Parade, Speakers, Yappy Hour, Best Friends Tours, Auctions, Food, Fun and Frolic. Planning for 2016 already includes Scooby Medina – Galgo demo/talk, Reception at La Estancia Dog Park, Art Show, Auctions, Fantastic Meals and Artisans – including Sarah Snavely. I’m working on Agility Demo, and more Sighthound Demos & Talks – Lurchers, Staghounds, Podencos, Irish & Russian Wolfhounds and more.
Hot Off the Press:
– Big Brown Bear Wrestling
– Dancing with Dogs
– Parade: We will be part of the Amazing Earthfest Centennial Parade in 2016
– Old Hollywood Movie Set Tour – Gunsmoke and many more
The first group of donations are these. I anticipate being able to donate more, but I won’t have final numbers until all bills are in, and the accountant reconciles. Greyhound Gang (because of your and our sponsors’ generosity) so far has given out $20,000 in donations, split among these deserving 501c3s.
- Almost Home for Hounds (Greyhound Topia also donated $800 to AHH from their jewelry sales that weekend, plus $100 to Fast Friends and GreySave. Thank YOU!)
- Scooby Medina
- 112 Carlota Galgos
- Galgos En Familia
- Galgos Del Sol
- Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption (dealing directly with the Tucson Track closing)
WHERE: Kanab, Utah
WHEN: May 18 – 20, 2017
1) Read the Guidelines
2) Make an Accommodations Reservation
3) Register NOW – after you’ve made an accommodation reservation and read all website info
4) Join/Like our Facebook pages – Greyhound Gang & Greyhound Gathering – Kanab
5) Sign up for Newsletter notifications
Really Early Registration is $75 per person. (until 3/4).
Then March 5 – April 15 is $88.
April 15 – April 30 is $110. This fee defrays some of the costs, it doesn’t cover them. Registration Closes 5/1.
– Three excellent meals and extras – one dinner, two lunches. Reception, Yappy Hour, S’Mores, Cow Tails and more
– Events – Talks, Costume Parade, Blur of Fur, Hike, Angel’s Landing, Best Friends and Wild West Movie Tours & MORE
– Memory Photo (8×10)
– Candid Photos – Digital
– Greyt Read booklet
– Free gifts given to you at each event you attend (total value over $200)
– Prizes at Parade & Blur & Photo Contest and other events (value over $200)
– and more